[ExI] Religions and violence

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 14:34:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Speaking personally, I'd very strongly deny that I 'believe in' science.  It's belief that is the root of the
> whole problem of religions in the first place.

Belief <> faith, and not all faith is religious.

I believe that if I let go of a rock in my hand that it will drop. I
believe that that happens due to gravity. I believe that I can
calculate its speed when it hits the ground. In fact, have faith in
those things, as well. Faith is nothing more than confident belief.

-Dave