[ExI] authors, italian and otherwise

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Wed Aug 11 15:39:56 UTC 2010

Il 17/05/2010 19.33, spike ha scritto:
> Friends,

A bit later, but, maybe, interesting:

> Question please: if you wished to explain your native culture to
> someone outside, which book would you recommend and why?  This
> question is not what is your favorite book, or what explains
> transhumanism etc. Rather, if you wanted to explain your native land
> and culture for instance, which book or which author?

A trick to understand  Italy is to remember that it is not homogeneous
as people could think, but really a mosaic of different cultures and
attitudes, reflection the history of any parcel of land.
It is like asking what explain the US culture and looking at Westerns
movies to explain New York City or San Francisco.

I would suggest the writing of Giovannino Guareschi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guareschi
http://www.mondoguareschi.com/home.php?lang=en&page=home

Mainly the books about Don Camillo (and the movies).
Surely you can find the movies to Netflix and will enjoy them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Camillo

The Little World of Don Camillo
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043918/

The Return of Don Camillo