[ExI] Religions and silliness

darren shawn greer dgreer_68 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 15 11:45:39 UTC 2010

John Grigg wrote:

> But seriously, I think when humanity encounters aliens, it will help
> us to take a step back and notice how silly we are, ironically by
> viewing how goofy the other race may act at times.

I saw Bill Clinton speak in South Africa in 2000. He said the same thing. He suggested that an advanced civilization of aliens coming to earth would probably not understand our refusal to help millions of fellow denizens on our planet who were dying of curable or controllable diseases such as AIDS and TB simply because they could not afford the drugs.

He never mentioned the goofiness, but he was being mostly serious that day.

Darren

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

-Herbert Spencer