[ExI] Religions and silliness

samantha sjatkins at mac.com
Tue Aug 17 01:53:58 UTC 2010

darren shawn greer wrote:

> John Grigg wrote:
>

>> But seriously, I think when humanity encounters aliens, it will help
>> us to take a step back and notice how silly we are, ironically by
>> viewing how goofy the other race may act at times.
>>

> I saw Bill Clinton speak in South Africa in 2000. He said the same thing. He suggested that an advanced civilization of aliens coming to earth would probably not understand our refusal to help millions of fellow denizens on our planet who were dying of curable or controllable diseases such as AIDS and TB simply because they could not afford the drugs.

Drugs grow on trees?  Since when is mere need a license to take from
others?  Yes, drugs are overpriced.   But are you sure you want to live
in a world where whatever you produce by your own effort at non-zero
cost can be demanded whenever anyone anywhere needs it without
compensation?    Think about it.

- samantha