[ExI] Fwd: [Body Hacking] Reverse-Engineering of Human Brain Likely by 2030, Expert Predicts

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 21:06:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:04 PM, darren shawn greer wrote:
> Awesome article. My favorite is when he calls him a pseudo-scientific dingbat. Not that I'm qualified to judge, but I like the mix of confidence and alliteration.

On a related note..

http://science.slashdot.org/story/10/08/17/1536233/Ray-Kurzweil-Does-Not-Understand-the-Brain

I bet readers are going to conflate the two issues (the dubious
quality of Ray's understanding of the brain with the issue of whether
or not we'll have whole brain emulation in 10 years). Then, in 10
years from now when we have some interesting whole brain emulations
running, they will then use that to claim that Ray was right all along
(even though he isn't). Oh well. The date predictions and concepts are
separate, in case anyone is wondering.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507