[ExI] Fwd: [Body Hacking] Reverse-Engineering of Human Brain Likely by 2030, Expert Predicts

darren shawn greer dgreer_68 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 21:49:01 UTC 2010

> On a related note..> > http://science.slashdot.org/story/10/08/17/1536233/Ray-Kurzweil-Does-Not-Understand-the-Brain

Some interesting comments. But once, again, my mood is such today that the rhetoric is entertaining me more than science.

Such as Fuzzyfuzzyfungus's comment that "The singularity is to nerds what the rapture is to fundamentalist protestant wackjobs."

Or the bbtom's comment: "Kurzweil hasn't just staked his reputation on this barmy timeline, but his life too. I mean, seriously, the guy is popping vitamin pills like crazy thinking that if he can just extend his life a decade or so, the nerd rapture will finally happen and he'll get to be absorbed into the giant galactic Googlebrain."

Has anyone ever published a book, or a website, collecting the best of Internet flames? I mean, the Earl of Sandwich had nothing on some of these guys. Someone once told me that my comments  (I think it was in a Charles Bukowski newsgroup) were the equivelent of taking a leak in an already piss-stained corner of the internet. Brilliant! Bukowski himself couldn't have said it better.

Darren

'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.-Alfred Lord Tennyson