[ExI] A million lines of code

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 22:50:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Keith Henson wrote:
> PS apologies to anyone who speaks up and says they understand a modern
> microprocessor from the top level all the way down to the transistor
> level.

I guess I should raise my hand. I used to do microprocessor design,
all the way from high level design (verilog, vhdl) down to /some/
transistor modeling. One transistor, two transistor, they get the
same. Granted, they were simple 4-bit systems, not the 64 bit
monoliths we have today. Granted, they weren't multi-core, and I
haven't been keeping up to date on how multicore works in the scheme
of things.. but yeah. Anyway, nothing of substance to add to the
discussion. Carry on.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507