[ExI] Religions and violence

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 14:58:36 UTC 2010

2010/8/17 samantha <sjatkins at mac.com>

> A claim of clear and present danger does not in any way justify the
> initiation of force.  There is a clear and present danger that many people I
> know will invent something quite dangerous that will get lose.  Does that
> mean they should be locked up, shot, or otherwise forcibly prevented just on
> the chance?  No.  Any other entity with enough power to do you damage is in
> principle a clear and present danger.

I agree.

Even though the concept of "initiation of force" IMHO is much less clear-cut
than traditional libertarian thought would admit. In fact, I think
innumerable ways to compel violence without resorting to violence oneself
first can be concocted, thus obtaining perhaps a propaganda dividend, but
certainly not a "moral" one.

--
Stefano Vaj