[ExI] Meanwhile in China

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 14:42:23 UTC 2010

2010/8/16 Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it>

> For what I remember, the US military forces are here and stay here
> because the government approve it.

This is a matter of perspective. I'd rather say that the government is here
and stays because the US military forces approve it... :-)

No left- or right-wing Italian government lasts for long unless it is
approved or at least tolerated by the administration in place, let alone no
possible political regime (see the abrupt end of the so-called First
Republic in the early nineties out of CIA's dossiers).

One may approve or disapprove such semi-colonial status, which has
historical reasons, but I dare say it is a fact. An eloquent confirmation
thereof is the jurisdictional exemption enjoyed by US military in the
country, and in practical terms by intelligence people as well.

You are unable to find the 15 Mandarin teachers because you look for
> qualifications that are superfluous. You want "professors"; italian
> people with a piece of paper telling they know Mandarin and are able to
> teach it.
>
> I suggest you go in Via Paolo Sarpi in Milan: You will find as many
> Mandarin speaking individuals as you could wish and more.

Yes, you are right on that, even though being mother tongue or bilingual
does not automatically qualify someone to teach the language concerned...

I realise for instance that I am very bad at teaching Italian, since I am a
natural in speaking it... ;-)

--
Stefano Vaj