[ExI] Fwd: [Body Hacking] Reverse-Engineering of Human Brain Likely by 2030, Expert Predicts

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 19:31:14 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:
> Yes, I know. Problem is, I am optimist by nature. Strippers declaiming
> William Butler Yeats, Thomas Stearns Eliot, Robert Frost? Who would pay
> for this. Chances are, in the future they will think "Poetry" is a new
> office suite by MS.

Do you hold a patent yet on this "interactive learning system"?

To hold the interest of kids today, you'll probably have to find some
way to get a dozen more distractions into the scene.  Multimodal
learning demands that every one of what we used to call a distraction
is actually another stream of content to reinforce all the others.
It's really pretty basic if you imagine how we probably learned not to
get killed in a primordial 3D environment.  Why anyone ever thought a
single teacher broadcasting a single thought to an audience of
deskbound children would be effective is beyond me (they probably
never had children).