[ExI] Physics of the Future: How Science Will Change Daily Life by 2100, by Michio Kaku

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 05:02:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:41 AM, John Grigg
<possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not overly impressed by what is supposedly going to be the
> contents of the book.  I laughed at the idea that by 2100 the internet
> would be interfacing with us via contact lenses! lol  I could see that
> by 2040, but by 2100 surely it would be a direct neurojack connection.
>  Oh, and the flying car on the cover is for me sort of a "bad omen,"
> though by then we should definitely have them finally perfected and in
> large numbers.

I'd be surprised if flying cars were ever feasible.  Sure we can make
them.  It's more economical in terms of energy use to let people stay
home and work.  Once you don't have the commute for work, the travel
experience might be enjoyable enough that you don't need to fly over
it.  If that's not true, then what would be the point of so much tech
if we can't enjoy life anymore?