[ExI] Physics of the Future: How Science Will Change Daily Life by 2100, by Michio Kaku

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 08:58:34 UTC 2010

John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> laughed:

>  I laughed at the idea that by
> 2100 the internet
> would be interfacing with us via contact lenses! lol
> I could see that
> by 2040, but by 2100 surely it would be a direct neurojack
> connection.

LOL.  2100?

Call yourself a transhumanist?

2100 is 9 decades away.  9 decades!

If you're a fan of Ray Kurzweil's accelerating progress concept, that's not much short of 20,000 years (iirc).  If not, it's still a hell of a long time for things to happen in.

If it's not game over for the human race v1.0 by then, it will be game over for transhumanism and all our dreams for the future.

Contact Lenses, flying cars, direct neural interfaces, and maybe even space elevators could (should, even) all be totally irrelevant by then.  I suspect Kaku realises this, or suspects it, but also realises he can't really say it out loud.  Maybe I'm wrong, but he seems smart enough to realise his tv programs and books are actually very tame.

I find the prospect of there still being meat brains around in 2100 pretty dismaying, because I suspect it would mean the human race has Failed, with a big F, and is staring extinction in the face.

Ben Zaiboc