[ExI] Religions and violence

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 15:00:11 UTC 2010

On 24 August 2010 07:41, Fred C. Moulton <moulton at moulton.com> wrote:
> What "actual provocation"?  Just because a bunch of people get upset
> about something does not mean that the project was designed to be a
> provocation.

On second thought, while I am no particular fan of mosquees and
churches and synagogues, nor do I think they should enjoy any especial
tax, zoning or other regime in the least, I think I would rather take
a page from Giulio Prisco in liking my legal system to keep a strong
distinction between physical injury and "provocations" of all sorts,
intended provocations included.

I appreciate that many people may feel offended by, e.g.,
transhumanist ideas, but all considered I think it best that they have
to live with it rather than enjoy some form of legal or social
enforcement of their feelings.

--
Stefano Vaj