[ExI] Wikileaks

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 08:06:30 UTC 2010

I find it strange that in all this discussion, nobody has brought up the
fact that Julian Assange was once a member of this list. Doesn't anybody else
remember him? I have old list emails in my inbox from him debating the nature of
probability with Eliezer, Serafino, and John Clark. He has also posted on the
nature of consciousness/identity and Kurzweil. Most of these posts date from
2005.

In an age where government is groping into our underpants, I think Julian is a
courageous hero. He is helping make the transparent society cut both ways and I
think that is a noble a calling as any. Why should the government get privacy
and secrecy, if the people the government exists to serve are not entitled to
it? I am shocked that you all would be so apathetic toward one of our own
becoming one of the most wanted men on the planet for no more than giving people
access to the *truth* about their governments

Stuart LaForge

"There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence,
and energy of her citizens cannot cure."- Dwight D. Eisenhower .