[ExI] Alcock on Bem in Skeptical Inquirer.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Dec 7 19:40:29 UTC 2010

On 12/7/2010 12:44 PM, John Clark wrote:

> As I've said before, until the results are repeated by somebody I
> respect I am not even certain there ARE experimental results and not
> just stuff some guy typed.

So a Cornell professor publishing a peer-reviewed paper in one of the
most prestigious journals of his discipline fails the test of being
somebody you respect, simply because you don't like his results. The
term "barricaded prejudice" comes to mind. At this point you're just
being ridiculous. Awaiting further replication is sensible; implying
that Bem and the journal's reviewers and editors are liars and idiots
is... not.

Damien Broderick