[ExI] Humor: facial recognition apps

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 19:02:33 UTC 2010

Spike wrote:
No pal, you are referring to the true Mormons, the real Mormons, those who
make up the vast majority of the peaceful Mormon religion.  But there is a
tiny minority, often children of affluent true Mormons, who mysteriously
become radicalized and dangerous.  Some of them object to US troops
stationed in Salt Lake City, or some other real or perceived blasphemy.
Society perpetuates the myth that their radicalization is somehow based on
poverty and ignorance, and thus prescribe completely ineffective if not
counterproductive antidotes to this mysterious memetic virus that leads
otherwise educated and prosperous young Mormons into murderous rage.

The booze and TV they can have, but they will get my coffee when they pry it
from my cold dead hands.

Your scenario for psychological/sociological dissent makes me think of
the 1960's in microcosm.  I bet it also happens in other close-knit
religious bodies.

When Romney wins, the BYU molecular biology dept. will release it's
coffee bean killing virus and then all the soda companies (owned by
Mormons) will be ordered to make only caffeine free beverages!
Mormons will have miscalculated, and Romney of course will be
impeached, with angry but slow-moving & very tired looking mobs out
hunting for Mormons!

John  ; )