[ExI] Humor: facial recognition apps

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 03:10:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 1:36 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>>... On Behalf Of John Grigg
>>Radical SLC based Mormons would sneak all the booze, coffee, tea and
> caffeinated soda out of your house, remove all of the R-rated movies, and at
> the very worst, tie you down and perpetrate the Clockwork Orange treatment,
> as they made you watch hours after hour of BYU television programming!  John
>
> No pal, you are referring to the true Mormons, the real Mormons, those who
> make up the vast majority of the peaceful Mormon religion.  But there is a
> tiny minority, often children of affluent true Mormons, who mysteriously
> become radicalized and dangerous.  Some of them object to US troops

Judean People's Front. We're the People's Front of Judea! Judean
People's Front. Cawk.

I think it will be good to have a giant like Facebook (et al.) employ
some automated photo tagging and "recognition" applications that
spectacularly flubs it.  No so much that it is immediately recalled -
but enough that my identity is no longer guaranteed by the mere
presence of a picture "on the internet."  When the machines automate
mistakes with the same efficiency as they uncover private details
there is some hope it might just cancel itself out.

Even if I think of myself as "one in a million" that means there
should be (statistically speaking) almost 7000 people on this planet
just like me enough to be recognized incorrectly.