[ExI] the ambiguously evil british have leaked julian assange's address

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 17 22:28:00 UTC 2010

... On Behalf Of John Grigg...
Subject: Re: [ExI] the ambiguously evil british have leaked julian assange's
address

>>>On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 11:12:08PM -0400, Darren Greer wrote:

> rather liberators. Did it in Poland, Czechoslovakia, France. The fact
> that some government officials want to brand Wikileaks as a terrorist

>Eugen replied:
Apologies for a me-too. But it's not "reminds me very much of".
It is absolutely very much exactly 100% the very same thing. This is the
threshold where Godwin's law starts to break down.
Caveat emptor. Your soul is at stake.

>I remember as a teenager seeing documentaries about McCarthyism and
thinking to myself, "those sorts of things could never happen again!"
I turned out to be so horribly wrong about that...John

Oh yeah?  Well then Johnny, you must be a card carrying communist!

{8^D

I never did get the whole card-carrying bit.  Why would they need to carry a
card?  To prove they were card carrying communists?  What if they were
commies but didn't carry the card?  Or what if they were secret capitalists
but carried the communist card?  The 50s were weird.

The part I still don't see is why the focus is so much on Julian.  He's not
the leaker, the leak is upstream of him.  If you have a leak in your yard
irrigation system, the actual leak is at the faucet.  So why all the
attention to Assange?  He's the sprinkler, PFC Manning is the hose(d).  The
leaking faucet is the system which allowed one guy to download an email
archive.

That being said, I still suspect a trap, as apparently the mainstream news
outlets do as well.  They still aren't taking the bait as far as I know.
Has anyone here seen any of the majors reporting scandalous anything based
on Wikileaks?