[ExI] More information on EOD fasting for the CR/life extension crowd

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 19:56:03 UTC 2010

On 12 December 2010 20:46, J. Stanton <js_exi at gnolls.org> wrote:

> I'm seeing more and more evidence that EOD (every other day) fasting gains
> us most of the same benefits as full-time calorie restriction.

I expect most of those benefits to be statistically tiny, but on empirical
or rather anedoctical evidence I suspect that contrary to the commonplace
("eat little, but frequently") eating once a day may be better in terms of
quality of life.

Interestingly, relatively abundant but sparse meals go hand in hand with
paleo and/or protein-rich diets, while grain and sugar addicts require food
every two or three hours to deal with withdrawal symptoms...

--
Stefano Vaj