[ExI] Mechanisms of carbohydrate/sugar addiction (was Re: Paleo/primal health)

J. Stanton js_exi at gnolls.org
Wed Dec 22 19:47:35 UTC 2010

I've become convinced by my own experience, by seeing articles like
Barbara's (below) and posts like Stefano's, Max's, and Ben's, and by the
alarming statistic that to a first approximation, 100% of diets fail --

-- that there are addictive components to carbohydrate consumption, most
particularly bread.

Inspired by all of your posts, I did some research, found some
surprising facts, put them together, and wrote this article:

"Mechanisms of Sugar Addiction: Or, Why You're Addicted To Bread"
http://www.gnolls.org/905/mechanisms-of-sugar-addiction-or-why-youre-addicted-to-bread/

I'm very interested to hear what you think.

JS
http://www.gnolls.org