[ExI] Mechanisms of carbohydrate/sugar addiction (was Re: Paleo/primal health)

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 20:56:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 2:47 PM, J. Stanton <js_exi at gnolls.org> wrote:

> Inspired by all of your posts, I did some research, found some surprising
> facts, put them together, and wrote this article:
>
> "Mechanisms of Sugar Addiction: Or, Why You're Addicted To Bread"
>
> http://www.gnolls.org/905/mechanisms-of-sugar-addiction-or-why-youre-addicted-to-bread/
>
> I'm very interested to hear what you think.

Overall, I like it it. It presents a strong case pretty succinctly. A couple
minor quibbles:

-you compare whole wheat bagels to Skittles. I don't see whole wheat bagels
in the GI table, and your photo shows a plain bagel. Plain bagel means "not
whole wheat".

-"In other words, we are told to graze—like cattle." Grazing refers to
eating grass, not chowing down on grains. I think you mean something like:
"In other words, we are told to load up on grains—like cattle being fattened
for slaughter."

-Dave