[ExI] simulation as an improvement over reality

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 13:39:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
 My limited imagination has absolutely no problems
> realizing that the result will be incomprehensible and
> remain incomprehensible to anyone trapped in slowtime
> outside, like a fly in amber.

To the flies trapped in amber it will probably look like suicide.

The upload will blink into life and within a few seconds of real time
blink out again.

Even though they may have lived a thousand lifetimes in those few
seconds, that cannot be communicated to those left on the outside.

BillK