[ExI] kill thread

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Dec 30 11:57:24 UTC 2010

On Dec 28, 2010, at 11:08 AM, Darren Greer wrote:

> John wrote:
>
> >Spike, I think there is a need for a book titled "The Transhumanist's
> Guide to Picking Up Women!" <
>
> Must I be a voice for gender and sexual orientation equality? Either it be The Transhumanist's Guide for Picking Up" with a section for men, one for women and one with same-sex advice in that area. Or three separate books. Tracts or pamphlets might do actually. Though in fact, regarding the last one, I don't know one other gay transhumanist, though there must be others.

I know scads of gay male transhumanists.  Unfortunately not so many lesbian transhumanists.    The much commented male-female ratio hear-abouts combined with normal sexual orientation distribution says there are some but not that many.

Of course since many of us are hyper geeks whose head can be turned by all matter of technological, scientific and just plain nerdy faire, it is easy to forget to make oneself available or present or known to person of appropriate to one's desires/needs/worldview persons who are also open to a sexual/romantic relationship.

- samantha