[ExI] revive thread with new and improved content

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Thu Dec 30 17:57:52 UTC 2010

John Grigg wrote:
> Anders, oh, wow!  And here I thought you were a celibate/aesexual monk
> for technological progress, who was totally above the whole sexual
> desire/sexual orientation thing! lol  : )

Well, for all *practical* purposes that is pretty close to reality.
Oxford is like it is, and having one's boyfriend 1,500 km away also
helps. :-)

> Anders, you a very bright fellow, and follow in the footsteps of other
> gifted gay intellectuals like Leonardo da Vinci and Alan Turing!  But
> fortunately you live in a more understanding world than they ever did.

I certainly hope so.

This of course also brings up the interesting question whether the
famous gay intellectuals were 1) noticed to be gay because they were
famous, 2) had more time to become famous because of less family. If 2
is true, then we should see an even more asexuals being famous
intellectuals.

Thanks, everyone!

--
Anders Sandberg,