[ExI] Spacecraft (was MM)

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 23:18:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:24 PM,  "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

snip

(I think some people, no names, are exhibiting delusion of grandeur.)

> As a spacecraft controls guy I am reluctant to admit it, but this comment is
> really right on, the conclusion I eventually reached with much kicking and
> screaming over 20 yrs ago.

And 20 years ago, that was the right conclusion.  Now we have a path,
even if it kind of expensive, to 9+km/sec exhaust velocity.  That
means mass ratio 3 rockets to LEO and even better LEO to GEO.

snip

> Regarding content of the list, EXCELLENT, thanks all.  ExI-chat has been the
> most worthwhile I have seen in a long time.  I really enjoyed reading it
> recently, many thanks to all who are posting smart and relevant material,
> the space science, futurism, energy, the technology, the sex stuff, all of
> it.

Some of it seems a bit over the top, especially for people who are not
signed up for cryonics.

Keith