[ExI] digital simulations, descriptions and copies.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 18 15:55:55 UTC 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 7:04 AM, Gordon Swobe wrote:

> Digital copies equal the original objects.

Yes, except that adjectives are not objects and neither am I.

> the human brain appears to be a non-digital object

Yes, but the human brain is not important, the human mind is. The mind is what the brain does and it's true there probably are some analog processes going on in that grey goo as well as digital ones, but even the best analog computers are terrible at precision because noise soon overwhelms them even when cooled to cryogenic temperatures; Mr. Heisenberg and his pesky principle also create insuperable difficulties. The cheapest and simplest digital computer is far more precise than the best analog computer.

> digital simulations of non-digital objects do NOT equal the original objects.

True.

> They merely describe them.

That's OK, that's all I need.

  John K Clark