[ExI] digital simulations, descriptions and copies

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Fri Jan 22 04:30:18 UTC 2010

> Gordon wrote:
> If philosophical zombies can exist [...]

>>John wrote:
>>Then Darwin's Theory of Evolution is wrong.

What if his theory of evolution was based on "his" own perspective.
It's called "Darwin's":) What makes it 100% viable? Last I heard it
was still a theory:)

> In my view every conscious thought or emotion has a physical correlate
> in the brain.

>> In the brain? Why not in the neuron? You have said that signals
>> between neurons are not involved in consciousness, so they can't
>> cooperate to generate it, so one neuron will have to do even
>> though you can't explain why there aren't 100 billion conscious
>> beings inside your head.

Does it matter if it's in the neuron or the brain? Are you both biologists? I think at times people become zombies.  They live in their
own world with their own ideals, thoughts and ideas.  They have no desire
to relate, idealise or think.  I would usually say that women and men that
have recently had families are very much like zombies.  Their conscious
state revolves and depends on others.  Nothing wrong with that.  I
strongly believe that "sole" consciousness is very different from "collective".   Not that one is more important than the other,
just different.  In my "sole" conscious mind my 100 billion thoughts
(in a "sole" there are anywhere from 1 to 100 billion conscious thoughts or beings inside your head) are my own but I can imagine the family that
has chosen to consciously evolve and produce that "hopeful" one neuron to
spread.  Not everything is black or white.  Darwin is a theory, Psi is not
mathematically possible and John will never agree unless he sees it with his own eyes;)

Just a thought:)