[ExI] (no subject)

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Jul 7 06:27:41 UTC 2010

	On 7/7/10, Ryan Rawson wrote:

Hi Ryan, welcome. {8-] Do introduce yourself.  I haven't seen your posts
before.

	> You are kind of conflating 2 things here (along with insulting
those
	>  of us who are California residents with your pithy and lame
nickname)...

Ja, but we will get over it.  I didn't feel insulted by my pithy and lame
nickname and I have been a Taxifornia resident for over half my life.  The
taxes have been way too high here the whole time.  We pay and pay, yet it
never seems to be enough for our voracious state government.  Perhaps it is
because it uses the money to jail people for merely possessing a weed.

>	Quote from DEA:
	...There are four times the
	level of tar in a marijuana cigarette, for example, than in a
tobacco
	cigarette...

Sure but the dope smokers burn way fewer "reefers" than the tobacco guys,
ja?

	------------------

	> The FDA and big pharma want to extract the active ingredients from
	cannabis and make products that can first be tested, then marketed
	through the medical profession...

I know they do, and I don't like it.  I am not a smoker of "doobies" myself,
but it feels to me like the government should keep its grubby paws off those
who do.  Yes I know it is harder to control the dosage and yakity yak and
bla bla, but the importand point is that a plant is cheap, whereas doctors
and medicines are expensive, keeping it from poor people who need it.  They
should be allowed to smoke their grass.  Then let the rich people swallow a
sterile pill.

	> Legalizing possession of small quantities of cannabis for
registered
	medical use by seriously ill people as authorised by a doctor is
	hardly likely to produce much tax income for the states...

BillK I wish I had your optimism.  They will figure out some way to tax it
so that the legal stuff will be cost competitive with the illegal.  I don't
like the notion that a medic must declare a patient seriously ill either.
Poor people can't afford doctors, but they still need medicines.  Damn this
system.  Our recent legal conniption didn't fix it.

 	>or stop many ordinary people being jailed for possession... BillK

Ja I hope so.  Then I guess they will let them go if they are in the tank
for only possession of reefers.  That will save some money.