[ExI] Belief in maths (was mind body dualism).

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 7 13:59:56 UTC 2010

On Jul 6, 2010, at 8:27 AM, Mike Dougherty wrote:

> I feel that even if you have seen a coin flip result in heads 99 times in a row, you cannot state with absolute certainty that the 100th toss will also be heads.

Assuming that the coin is fair (and I'd have my doubts after 99 heads) the chance it will come up heads again is 50-50. And being absolutely certain is the easiest thing in the world; being absolutely certain and also correct is much more difficult, and even then you may not know you are absolutely certain and correct.

 John K Clark