[ExI] SBSP was Ed Kelly and Transmeta

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 15:11:37 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 5:00 AM,  BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it is a bit unfair for Keith to call someone "way out of date"
> when he is referring to a secret project unknown even to Google.

Sorry, I have been working on this for 6 months now.  I thought I had
mentioned abandoning space based solar power on this list, but looking
back at the archives, I just quit talking about it.

>By
> that standard almost the whole world is 'way out of date' on every
> secret project.
>
> I am also doubtful about how much weight to place on secret blue-sky
> projects that are virtually just a few Excel spreadsheets and some
> PowerPoint slides. Computers are full of these proposals that will
> never enter the real world. I would wait and see whether this new tech
> ever gets off the ground before relying on it too much.

Point taken.  However, I didn't lightly abandon something I had worked
on for years and finally had a solution that made sense from both the
physics and the economics.

I will be able say more by sometime in August.

Keith