[ExI] medical marijuana

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Jul 14 02:14:59 UTC 2010

--- On Tue, 7/13/10, samantha <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

	Gregory Jones wrote:

		>>...Ja agreed, but smoking a plant may be the cheapest way
to administer any drug...

	>...Vaporizers are not that expensive and much better for you.  Or
in the case of pot, cooking with it works fine.

Ja, I am no authority on this topic, but with grass can they not devour it?
Do not some make brownies or something?  I think I heard of such a thing at
one time.

	>...Grrrr.  That just ended the entire art of "insurance" and will
eventually end private insurance leaving only government players.  Which was
likely the idea...

I have suspected this too.  Actually what I think will happens is that the
next congress will zero fund the whole thing and it will just collapse under
its own weight.

	>...How did the land of freedom fall so far that we allow government
to tell us what to do and to tell insurers who to insure and at what rates?

We elected it.  {8-[

	>...I am also very concerned what will likely happen to medical R&D
and advanced treatments in this country...

No mystery there.  We identified that problem here, long before the current
health care bill was even a serious risk of passing.  It makes medical
research bad business.

  >...I think a lot will not be funded anymore or will not be listed on the
government approved care list...

Of course.  Why was it that the US had so much medical research before?

    >...I also have heard more than a few physician friends say they will
not practice medicine this way...

I couldn't blame them.  I wouldn't either.

  >...Either they opt out of all government programs (many already have)
around medicine and self-fund somehow to keep doing it the way they believe
it should be done or they leave the profession.  This is not at all good
news for we boomers.

	- samantha

Sure isn't.  I would counterpropose that we pay the price another way.  We
make most medications over-the-counter accessible, without a doctor's help
if the prole chooses to go that route.  With every medication comes
literature that carefully explains the known risks, and the caveat that if a
prole takes this stuff and does it wrong, she might be injured or seriously
killed, buyer beware.