[ExI] Current Psychology

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Jul 30 18:07:55 UTC 2010

On 7/30/2010 8:25 AM, Patrick McLaren wrote:

> May I ask you to review the work of my father?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niall_McLaren

This is the strangest and most panegyric (but intriguing) Wiki entry
I've ever seen. I have to ask two questions:

Did Dr. McLaren, or perhaps you, write this entry?

Are his books self-published? That is, does Future Psychiatry Press have
an independent existence?** (Not that there's anything wrong with
publishing radical ideas oneself--there's a long history of it.) A
sub-question: why are the books credited to Future Psychiatry Press in
the body of the entry but to Ann Arbor, MI: Loving Healing Press in the
footnotes?

**incidentally, http://futurepsychiatry.com/ goes to =>
"futurepsychiatry.com may be for sale. Buy this domain!"

This is a charming line:

"He likes to boast that he is the only psychiatrist in the world with
dingoes in his garden."

Damien Broderick