[ExI] Current Psychology

Sabrina Ballard sabrina.ballard at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 16:40:42 UTC 2010

>Clinical psychology at least in English-speaking countries is dominated by
Cognitive >Behavioural Therapy, while psychiatry is dominated by biological
psychiatry

Are those who work with CBT perhaps newer or concentrated in more urban
areas, or am I currently exercising a confirmation bias?

>A critical analysis of the logical status of modern psychiatry shows that
psychiatry has no >rational basis

So you believe that the mind is inherently rational? How does this hold with
the belief of two contradictory ideas? Isn't that inherently anti-rational?
Or am I misinterpreting what you mean when you say rational? As in the
investigations that psychiatry makes are irrational?