[ExI] NYT: Happiness May Come With Age, Study Says

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 08:59:42 UTC 2010

On 6/2/10, John Grigg wrote:
> Happiness may come with age...
>  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/01/health/research/01happy.html

Quote:
It is inevitable. The muscles weaken. Hearing and vision fade. We get
wrinkled and stooped. We can’t run, or even walk, as fast as we used
to. We have aches and pains in parts of our bodies we never even
noticed before. We get old.

It sounds miserable, but apparently it is not. A large Gallup poll has
found that by almost any measure, people get happier as they get
older, and researchers are not sure why.

My guess is that the researchers were young.  ;)

The answer is obvious. There is less pressure when you are older.
The things you got stressed about when you were young just seem
triviial and don't bother you anymore. Even if it is something
important, you realise that there is nothing you can do about it, so
you just accept it and get on with your life.

Lots more detail to be filled in, but that's basically the answer.........

BillK