[ExI] Purpose of list was a few bits per second

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 06:21:03 UTC 2010

It is not a binary, black/white, either/or choice. We can and should
have both watered-down interpretations of transhumanism formulated in
such a way as to be more appealing to the masses, AND true hardcore,
radical and visionary interpretations of transhumanism. What is
important is that these two "souls" of transhumanism collaborate
behind the scene, instead of fighting each other like it happens now.

I understand that in some cases transhumanism should be presented as
bland technoprogressivism - what I don't accept is mistaking means for
ends, and renouncing transhumanism for the sake of PCness.
Transhumanism is bold, visionary, disruptive, revolutionary and unPC,
and it must remain so.

Diplomacy and war are very different - but every nation has a
department of foreign affairs for diplomacy, AND a department of
defense for war. They have a common interest, and they (should)
collaborate behind the scene, and choose when to use diplomacy or war.

G.