[ExI] Purpose of list was a few bits per second

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 17:03:36 UTC 2010

On 29 June 2010 08:21, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is not a binary, black/white, either/or choice. We can and should
> have both watered-down interpretations of transhumanism formulated in
> such a way as to be more appealing to the masses, AND true hardcore,
> radical and visionary interpretations of transhumanism. What is
> important is that these two "souls" of transhumanism collaborate
> behind the scene, instead of fighting each other like it happens now.

AND there exist as well other distinctions in the range of possible
transhumanist discourses.

By sector, for instance: those fascinated by wet transhumanism are not
necessarily passionated with AGI experimenting.

By level: divulgation and propaganda amongst teenagers is not exactly the
same as philosophical debate or scientific papers published in peer-reviewed
journals for an academic audience.

By their "internal" vs "external" nature: even though I do not believe in
esoteric circles à la Scientology, there is some language which is perfectly
acceptable amongst us which is not perhaps perfectly suited for an
appearance in a TV show or an article in a mass newspaper.

--
Stefano Vaj