[ExI] The entropy of Extropy-Chat

Spencer Campbell lacertilian at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 01:25:52 UTC 2010

Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>:
> Watching the Great Swobe Disaster endlessly unreel (while repeatedly hitting
> Delete) has made me realize that lists *can't* effectively allow this sort
> of monomania to overwhelm their dynamic.

Would everyone agree that putting an abrupt end to all living
Searle-derivative threads is a good idea? I could go either way. I
certainly recognize that nothing good has or will ever come of it,
aside perhaps from such ephemeral benefits such as "pride" or
"amusement" or "oppressive frustration". I might be getting more than
my fair share of those.

I think mainly the GSD is damaging to morale, but it also robs time
from people who could otherwise be contributing to more productive
topics.