[ExI] Accelerando

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 12:25:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:17 AM, Damien Broderick wrote:
>snip>
> Still, I'm sure there are new ideas waiting to be explored, or old ideas
> waiting to be examined in depth--but it's not obvious what they are. (I'm
> waiting eagerly for Keith to tell us what his current idea for cheap energy
> is.)

<http://www.inhabitat.com/2010/02/09/revrev-makes-energy-generating-gyms-a-reality/>

Many of us have been to the gym and wondered why the exercise
equipment isn’t hooked up to generate electricity and feed it back
into the grid. At long last a company in Florida called ReRev has
answered our calls, converting existing elliptical machines into
sources of power. Now when you hit the gym, you can burn off those
calories while creating some renewable energy for a carbon negative
workout.

:)

BillK