[ExI] Phil Jones acknowledging that climate science isn'tsettled

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 20:52:54 UTC 2010

2010/3/3 Christopher Luebcke <cluebcke at yahoo.com>

> That's one of the reasons, as I stated earlier, that I prefer investment in
> the development of adaptive technologies and skills.

It could be argued that "arable land" is in itself a disruption of
ecosystems, but I think that we could easily form a consensus amongst
transhumanists for the "development of adaptative technologies" - which
*would* include, btw, the ability to grow human beings with gills, or to
implement large-scale geo-engineering projects.

But of course the devil is in the details. If, for instance, evidence
suggested that, be it for our own emission, we are now facing a runaway
warming process no matter what, probably we could accept the "ecological
disruption" involved in firing up most of our fissile stuff to put in the
sky, Project Orion-style, enough solar power satellites to cool down entire
habitats... OTOH, one would probably require some evidence that this is
actually the case before proceeding.

--
Stefano Vaj