[ExI] intellectual property again

Spencer Campbell lacertilian at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 21:04:31 UTC 2010

JOSHUA JOB <nanite1018 at gmail.com>:
> Actually, I'd say it just needs a government that prevents punishes the use of force (including fraud).

How does the government punish itself for using the force necessary to
punish others?

"Who polices the police". You may begin groaning. Still, it's a valid
point. You can't just whip out a perfect system of law enforcement to
solve your problems. The law has to enforce itself. Nothing else
works; at least, not well.

Sidenote: I actually wrote a 500-600 word post for this thread a few
days ago, to the effect that intellectual property is a bad idea. I
didn't send it because it was insufficiently elegant. I may try again
later on.