[ExI] Social implications of widespreadextropian/positivistideals

ddraig ddraig at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 10:48:23 UTC 2010

On 7 March 2010 06:48, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Ja to Gordon's post, and furthermore Dwayne, this term you used "breaking
> out" caught my full and undivided.  If your roommate was committed for some
> reason and he escaped, then the second call you must make is to the hospital
> from which he keeps breaking out.

Yes, they told me early on in the piece that I am legally required to
inform the police the moment I know where he is (such as kicking down
our front door, as he has lost his key, for example).  Which I do. I
also inform him of this as he arrives: "you know I have to call the
police. I'm calling the police"  I then call the police. I live in one
of the wealthiest parts of Melbourne. It is amazing how quickly the
police arrive.

He escapes twice a week on average.

>  Do make sure the director of that
> hospital knows of her escaped charge's comments.  You need not explain her
> legal accountability, she already knows.

Well, his treating doctor, the nurse on duty, and his counsellor know.
I have absolutely no faith in the hospital to do anything other than
cover it's own back.

I have never seen a hospital like this. It is horrifying.

> Stathis is a mental health professional if I recall correctly.  He might be
> able to advise here, or suggest who to contact, but it is clear to me that
> timely action is necessary to avert potential tragedy, and I do not mean
> some-other-timely but rather todayly, right-nowly.

Oh, don't worry about that, I go out of way to help people (such as my
currently-deranged friend), the last thing I am going to do is not
make an effort to prevent a possible fatality.

I think it is more likely he will be beaten up, actually.

I don't want *that* to happen, either.

This whole thing just illustrates to me that we need a *lot* more
money to treat the mentally ill in Australia.

Dwayne
--
   ddraig at pobox.com irc.deoxy.org #chat
   ...r.e.t.u.r.n....t.o....t.h.e....s.o.u.r.c.e...