[ExI] Socialimplications ofwidespread extropian/positivistideals.

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 9 23:32:34 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Socialimplications ofwidespread
> extropian/positivistideals.
>
> On 3/9/2010 4:18 PM, spike wrote:
>
> ...They are the ones
> who consistently come thru for us in the states."
>
> I... see... As in--Bob Herbert, NYT today:
>
> "The economy shed 36,000 jobs last month, and that was
> trumpeted in the press as good news...

It wasn't trumpeted as good news by the heartless capitalists, it was
trumpeted as good news by Senator Reid, who isn't a genuine heartless
capitalist.  He is a brainless senator.

> "People... know that the big banks that were bailed out by
> taxpayers can borrow money at an interest rate of near zero
> while at the same time charging credit-card holders usurious
> rates of 20 to 30 percent...

Ja, bailing out the big banks is an example of abaondoning free market
principles to save the free market.  During the Vietnam war, villages were
burned in order to save them.  Bad idea in both cases.

> "There are many communities across the country in which the
> effective jobless rate is higher than 50 percent."

Ja we are suffering the consequences of abandoning free market principles in
order to save the free market.

>   If the greedy heartless capitalists are the ones who
> consistently come thru for us, they'd better hurry up... Damien

Actually they can't even start until the midterm elections.  We will then
have the opportunity to hurl the current business-unfriendly government out
of office.  Until then, one can count on capital sitting still and quiet,
holding on to its resources, waiting for better times to come.

I am betting on job markets staying depressed until a clear signal is sent
in November.  Then the voters will finish the job in November 2012.