[ExI] koag moment

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Mar 11 18:04:44 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Keith Henson
>
> But given nanotechnology, it would not be hard to fully
> infiltrate a brain and be able to read out the structure and
> activity in real time.
>  It would not take long for a cloud of nanocomputers to learn
> to fully simulate the activity of a brain while writing
> memory into the physical brain.
>
> The nanocomputers could run faster than real time.
>
> There is no reason for a lost of continuity between running
> as a simulation and running in a physical brain.
>
> I discuss this in "the clinic seed."
>
> Keith...

Keith for all it's brevity, your commentary is brilliant.  We could imagine
internal nanobots gradually taking over and simulating the activity of the
brain in a steady inloading process, while dismantling the less necessary
bits, starting with the hair, nails and subcutaneous adipose tissue,
gradually moving inwards.  At some point the nanobots could realize there is
no need nor justification for the continued existence of all this
underemployed meat, that the carbon can be put to better use in expanding
the number and complexity of the nanobots.  So the bots take the carbon and
use it, tranforming us towards our simulated rebirth of sorts.

This we could refer to (among ourselves) as the KOAG moment, where we kiss
our asses goodbye, and may the KOAG moment happen before my own perishes of
natural causes.