[ExI] Second Life

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 12 00:07:01 UTC 2010

emlyn wrote:
btw, I just want to state clearly that I agree with Keith on this. WoW, the social network sites and games, and to a lesser extent Second Life, prove to me that at least a very large minority, and probably in fact a large majority of people will move into the virtual realm as soon as it is possible, and live their permanently.

Anna writes:
I agree that many will try the virtual realm but I highly doubt they will stay there permanently.  A game is still a game.  I think the majority of people will search in Second Life what they can't have in Real Life.  Like any instance, they can choose to live in that state as opposed to living in real life.  Isn't it much like an alcoholic state?

I loved Second Life..what a unique program.  The graphics where impeccable.  The music was awesome and the people where all in all very hospitable:)  The only thing that bothered me was that many where trying to be something else than what they where in real life.  I suppose I understand that but shouldn't people be able to be whom they are in RL?  Is RL really that bad for so many people?

just curious