[ExI] Don't be evil

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Wed Mar 24 11:35:48 UTC 2010

John Clark wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2010, Thirdeye Of Eris wrote:
>
>> Jesus Christ! What are you trying to do, start a flame war?

Of course that is incorrect. It was I, Lee, who wrote those
ironic words, *not* ThirdEye. Can you admit error on even
something so black and white as this?

> I have been on this list for about 15 years and I have always enjoyed
> flame wars, perhaps because at least up to now I have always won them.

I ironically exaggerated---by use of the term "flame war",
---the vigorous exchanges that used to be the norm here.

> But maybe now is the time to change the status quo, maybe now somebody
> can beat me. So tell me Mr. Thirdeye Of Eris (sic) [actually me], what
> is the error or [of] my ways, what new profound ideas do you have to
 > replace the ones I perviously [previously] erroneously held?

Which of your erroneous ideas would that be, pray tell?

> Use your brilliance to show the world how
> stupid my ideas actually are! Come on, the world is waiting!

Why? You almost never admit error of any kind, from simple
elementary school English grammar to actual arguments where
you (okay, rarely) are bested.

Alas John, you exemplify yet another serious dimension in
which the discussions here continue to degenerate. But at
least you're interested in substance, in the forceful
presentation of views ipso facto subject to criticism.
For that, at least, you do have to be saluted.

Lee