[ExI] The "real" world

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 15:40:28 UTC 2010

On 24 March 2010 17:44, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This also supports my suspicion that maintaining health is a difficult
> chore for a majority of our population.  We know how to eat
> healthfully, we frequently choose not to do so.

The reason may simply be that we disrupt our spontaneous ethological
self-regulation by assuming substances which we are not adapted to
feed on, but have added or replaced our "natural" dietary habits
simply because they are economically and demographically more
effective for any given society.

After Atkins, if anything, we should know that hi-carbo food, starting
from the cereals and the like who are the basis of the nutrition of
95% plus of human beings, provoke addiction and tolerance in human
beings - even though it may be perfectly healty for some insects.

Little surprise then that we have accordingly to "fight" life-long
battles against overweight, which indeed are a difficult and
frustrating chore for many people.

I assume that somebody trying to leave on coca leaves would be faced
with the opposite problem...

--
Stefano Vaj