[ExI] hot processors?

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Nov 2 23:13:18 UTC 2010

"spike":
>>It put out a lot of heat while it was running: perhaps there is some kind
of thermal protection?

># I had several problems (ie laptop running very very slow) due to hot
temperature this summer. Now I use something like this:
http://www.laptoptoys.net/lapcool_tx_adjustable_notebook_stand.html

OK, I just got back from the local electronics merchant where I purchased a
notebook cooler.  Let's see if this helps.  If this machine fails to run all
night, I will need to rethink my strategy on using a laptop, and may cause
me to rethink the notion of the singularity.  We may be seeing what really
is an S-curve in computing technology, where we are approaching a limit of
calculations per watt of power input.  Or not, I confess I haven't followed
it in the past 5 yrs the way I did in my misspent youth.  Are we still
advancing in calculations per watt?