[ExI] Bill Moyers: Welcome to the American Plutocracy

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 22:07:20 UTC 2010

An excerpt from the Bill Moyers article:
"Time to close the circle: Everyone knows millions of Americans are in
trouble. As Robert Reich recently summed it the state of working
people: They’ve lost their jobs, their homes, and their savings. Their
grown children have moved back in with them. Their state and local
taxes are rising. Teachers and firefighters are being laid off. The
roads and bridges they count on are crumbling, pipelines are leaking,
schools are dilapidated, and public libraries are being shut."

"Why isn’t government working for them? Because it’s been bought off.
It’s as simple as that. And until we get clean money we’re not going
to get clean elections, and until we get clean elections, you can kiss
goodbye government of, by, and for the people. Welcome to the
plutocracy."

I would just add that I would replace the term "Plutocracy" with
"Kleptocracy..."

http://www.truth-out.org/bill-moyers-money-fights-hard-and-it-fights-dirty64766