[ExI] Fwd: [london-hack-space] Request for knowledge: Implantable Microchips

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 15:14:45 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: scary boots <scaryboots at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 10:10 AM
Subject: [london-hack-space] Request for knowledge: Implantable Microchips
To: london-hack-space at googlegroups.com

Hello everybody,

Some of you may have been there when I mentioned my desire to get myself
microchipped. I want to be identifiable with pet scanners, and using it to
access places would be cool as well (albeit somewhat unsuave as it'll be in
the back of my neck).

Can't help noticing that all the ones for sale (and most are only for sale
to registered vets) come with different brand names and only assert that
they work with that particular company's scanner. Is there any
standardization in the market? If not, what is most commonly used/works with
easily-obtained scanners? Any other considerations I should bear in mind?

I am aware that the insertion cannula is quite large. I'm not worried about
the insertion, because I have an experienced piercer who'll do it for me,
and I'm not a pussy. But I'm damned if I'm going to get it inserted and then
find out it's not compatible with anything.

any help or links appreciated!

Scary

ps. would anyone be interested if i put photos of my crinoline up or is that
totally dull to everyone who's not a frivolous poser like me?

--
- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/