[ExI] Eliezer S. Yudkowsky, Singularitarian Principles. Update?

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Nov 12 23:30:20 UTC 2010

This is an interesting dialogue.

I suppose most interesting is the way the Singularity has been obfuscated.
Eliezer's interest is FAI, where he has developed a theoretical
approach to the topic of superintelligence. His expertise is related
to FAI. Eli was interested in seed AI, as I recall it.

And as far as the Singularity goes, the early experts are Good, Vinge,
Broderick and Kurzweil. Since AI, AGI, and FAI are variables of the
Singularity, Eli applied this framework to his theory on seed AI and
FAI.

Eli aligns with Bostrom and Hanson. This is very fortunate for him in
light of his nonacademic standing. Regardless, Eli is a delightful
speaker. I don’t' know the value of his work other than being
theoretical and stimulating.

Natasha